Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Learning Objectives

Hello, you were expecting me last week.

Hmmmm, work load o. However this was compounded with a lot of internet interruptions from my end here. Well I am grateful to God that I could make it today.

Did you also have my experience some?

..... I finished setting my supposed project goals only to realise that, I was almost writing for the sake of writing.

Well, after we were asked to consider classifying our objectives into the main learning domains, i actually found myself wanting. I therefore have to re-phrase all of them to allow me do so.

From the experience, i decided to share a little of what i learnt in that segment of the course.

Basically, I noticed that, all forms of training do one of three things.... It imparts on the learners cognitive, psychomotor or affective domains. It is therefor very important that, when desining instructions, your design to a large extent affect this areas.

How will you know...?
The instructional objectives set will let you know. Here the Blooms taxonomy which i used come to mind. He developed what i call a checklist on what goes into the cognitive domain. To him, cognitive abilities can be classified under simple recall of information and intellectual activities. He identified six levels under which these can be grouped in the order of sophistication:
  1. knowledge
  2. comprehension
  3. application
  4. analysis
  5. synthesis
  6. evaluation


Well, i have started experience problem with the network again. I hope to come back later today or in the early parts of tomorrow with some action verbs we can use when developing objectives around the cognitive domain

No comments: